I’m not big on obvious themes, but the whole animals idea really kind of smacked me in the face when I laid eyes on this fantabulous elephant bookshelf. Children should definitely have their own spaces, defined by great design which can spark their imaginations and inspire them to create. I think this space does just that — with touches of bright color, irresistible patterns and a few fun combinations. It has places for their toys, areas to organize for the parents who wish to instill those life long habits, and most importantly, it gives them their own space to have fun… to take a walk on the wild side, if you will. I totally want this room.
2. Serving as 3-d puzzles, these little magnetic animals (also from DwellStudio) can be disassembled and rebuilt, in any configuration. My 16 month old, my 2.75 year old, and my 5 year old, would all love these. Adding to Christmas list… check.
3. Of course the room needs a touch of color to bring it all together. Serena and Lily’s Sprout Wall Paint does just that.
4. The perfect piece of wall art to give the room yet another touch of bright color. I love this composition.
5. This piece of furniture gives a nod to modern design, and offers a sleek storage solution that is easily accessible for little hands. I think with an application of this vinyl wall decal, it gives it a touch of custom flair, and another layer of added color.
6. Another interactive piece for the room, these adhesive chalkboard animals take it up a notch.
8. In contrast to the modern dresser, this little table provides an excellent area for creating til their hearts are content… and the Bradshaw Kirchofer pieces can be painted in any color. I personally love the aqua finish (as seen in the square.)
10. This clever little splat mat, catches all their creating til their hearts are content… so you’re content with the saved floor.
11. And last but not least…these awesome organic animal storage baskets are the perfect area for organized toys, from princess dolls to race cars.
So there you have it. An inspiration board for the wildest playspace. What’s your favorite product for letting your little ones cut loose and have fun?